Bio-identical hormones may help to reduce or eliminate the symptoms caused when the body decreases production of natural hormones. They may also provide some protection against such age related diseases as osteoporosis and colon cancer along with helping to return the body's balance of hormones. This is applicable to both men and women.
Goals of Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Alleviate the symptoms caused by natural hormone loss in the body.
- Give the protective benefits which were originally provided by naturally occurring hormones.
- Re-establish a hormonal balance.
- Increase bone density.
- Enhance Libido.
- Improve cholesterol and lipid profile.
Advantages of Bio-identical Hormones
- Bio-identical hormones are hormones that have the identical chemical structure as those produced by the human body.
- Reduce the unwanted side effects often associated with synthetic hormones.
- For Women
- Hormone replacement therapy is used for the treatment of menopausal and postmenopausal symptoms in women. Estrogens, Progesterone and Androgens are used in various combinations tailored specifically for each individual.
- For Men
- Men also suffer an age-related decline in certain hormones such as Testosterone, similar to menopause in women. Restored hormone levels may serve to alleviate subtle symptoms which have appeared slowly over an extended period of time.
- For Women & Men
- Thyroid and Adrenal glands suffer the effects of aging in both women and men. Deficiencies in the hormones produced by these two glands may lead to a variety of symptoms which affect the body's ability to maintain overall health and vitality.
Our compounding pharmacist can provide you with a wealth of information relating to hormone replacement therapy. Please call or drop by for a free consultation.