The Prescription Shoppe is a professional compounding pharmacy, willing to work with you and your patients to customize medications to help you provide the optimum dental care.
Examples of Dental Compounds we can prepare at our pharmacy include:
- Mouth rinse for oral ulcerations (canker sores) containing a combination of various medications like antibiotics, antihistamines, antifungals, anesthetics, antivirals, corticosteroids, misoprostol, phenytoin, etc.
- Transdermal preparations for pain syndromes such as neuralgias and temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ). These dental compounds might contain anti-inflammatory agents, either alone or in combination with a painkiller such as ketamine.
- Cosmetic dental formulations such as bleaching gel or mouthwashes.
- Commercially unavailable medications and dosage forms.
- Special flavoring.
- Preparation of medications for intraoral infections such as periodontal disease and candidiasis.
- Electrolyte troches for dry mouth.
- Discontinued or out-of-stock medications.
- Combinations of drugs (topical or oral).
- Sugar-free, dye-free, preservative-free medicines.